Thursday 7 August 2014

A hurry and scurry before the boys came in!

Putting on my beautiful earrings - a precious gift from my father to my mother. when she got married.

The shoe that fits - flown in from HK by the very helpful Delon.


The boys had sportingly gone through their gate-crashing challenges as a team, and now there was a knock on the door. It was time for his last challenge, something he had to do alone - his declaration of love, and his proposal to get married!

This was a period of much excitement! With two mom's and two aunties in the room, all happy, eager and excited, it was a struggle to keep the door closed, and the boys out!

When I had made my cheongsam, the lovely lady who designed it explained to me the art of wearing it.. slowly and carefully, with aid and assistance, tugging and pulling at the right places so that everything fell just so. We repeated this intricate process of dress-wearing many times during all our fittings.. And with the dress in my closet for many months, I had a lot of time to envision the calm of my wedding day, all necessities laid out, slowly and carefully laying myself into the delicate lace.

However, with an eager crew both inside and outside the room, and the general merriment and activity all around, this finesse in the art of dressing for the wedding was an impossibility. So up went the cheongsam, so long as it was zipped, in went the earrings, on went the shoes.. and ta-daa!!

I took a moment to peacefully compose myself.

Ready and Waiting.


Inside, my heart was a-flutter! I was thrilled to finally see him this morning, and curious about what he would think of my dress, which I kept secret from him. I was hoping he would find me beautiful 

You know, I don't actually remember what he said about how I looked. Daniel, it would be good if you could remind me ;)

I do remember though, the joy, as the door opened a crack, and in came my handsome man, with his hand-made pipe-cleaner flowers in one hand, a 'husband contract' in another, and a big smile on his face.. which lead to a big smile on mine. And soon, we were surrounded by our loved ones, watching our first glances for the day, and laughing along with us as I continued to tease him, until I finally gave in and said yes to my man ♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment