Friday 15 August 2014

The Waiting Game - Moments Before Registration


My man, relishing his kisses. 


This is one of my favourite photographs of the whole series.

It is interesting to look at ourselves and our situation from a distance. One thing I never noticed before is the expression Daniel makes when I kiss him. He looks blissful, and very happy ♥  I suppose as the person doing the kissing, it is hard for me to notice these things (I am very focused on my job here!) but here it is, finally I see it, and it is a happy surprise.

This was taken at the Stadthaus, where we were waiting for the civil registration to take place.

In the waiting room, with my sisters and beautiful mom  ♥

There were many weddings before us, and in a very un-Swiss-like manner, although we came early, we did have to wait quite a long while after our appointment before the registration took place. Waiting was tiresome, but it was also a sign of compassion in a society that prides itself on punctuality and efficiency. It is good to know when to stick to the rules, when to make allowances for them, and for the rest of us to practice compassion and flexibility. I can imagine it would have been crushing to have a wedding canceled for tardiness, whether or not it was the fault of the couple.

Daniel's very loving mom, with a radiant smile on her face! and my beloved dad, who was very responsible with the documents, alert and deep in thought - I can only imagine what a dad would be thinking, moments before his daughter gets married. 

Our spirits remained high, and not the call asking us about whether we still wanted to have an outdoor ceremony  ("there's a 30 to 70% of rain,do you want to bring the ceremony inside?" - honestly the funniest range I have ever heard of!!) nor the long wait could dampen our joy. I suppose if we hadn't had the waiting game, our kiss might not have been captured either. It is a nice memory to hold, a sweet kiss encapsulating our last few moments together before we were legally married. 

No comments:

Post a Comment